Your Music Biz 101 & More show enjoyed providing an opportunity for one of you to compose the theme song at the beginning and end of the program each Wednesday night (congrats again to the Ally Mac Project!) so much that we decided to put on another awesome contest. Ready? It’s…
Your Music Biz 101 & More Radio Show Brave-a-thon! Contest
In a fun nutshell, we’re going to give away two one-hour slots for you and/or your band to perform LIVE on WPSC: Brave New Radio on Friday, April 17th. And it’s free! How are we gonna do it? And what else is in it for you? Read on…
If you are one of our two winners, you’ll play in either the 9AM slot or the 10AM slot. You will be assigned the slot by the Music Biz 101 & More and Brave-a-thon! production staff.
- A 30-minute LIVE performance per slot
- Live on-air interview afterward with Music Biz 101 & More hosts Steve Marcone & Dave Philp
- Performance (to be confirmed) aired on cable channel WP-6 on campus
- A podcast of each performance & interview published by your Music Biz 101 & More team and broadcast on this website and via Stitcher.com
- Video (to be confirmed) published on the Music Biz 101 & More website
- Promotion on MusicBiz101wp.com website and email newsletter
- Promotion on Music Biz 101 & More radio show leading up to Brave-a-thon!
- Content that you can use on your websites and social channels
- One FREE session of social media planning with Professor Philp so you can maximize this opportunity (value: $10 billion [American])
Contest #1 – Show Us Your Video
- Submit your video – live performance or produced/MTV-style video
- Panel of judges will determine winner
Contest #2 – Best Social Media Campaign
(You gotta crowd source some love here!)
- Create the biggest, loudest social media campaign about why you/your group should win
- Send us your “social proof”…
- Tag @MusicBiz101wp on Instagram and Twitter; Professor Philp on Snapchat
- Submit your promotional YouTube video(s) to us
- Send us your Memes, Gifs, stunts, posters, emails – everything you do to prove that you should win!
- Plus, send us a video or mp3 of your group (so we know you can carry a tune)
** Any genre of music can be entered. Just make sure you have 30 minutes of music to play.
** While this is a great way to promote your original tunes, you are welcome to perform cover tunes within your 30-minute set. Our suggestion: If you play a cover tune (or two/or three), play it in YOUR style. If you’re a Reggae band, don’t play Led Zeppelin’s “Rock ‘n’ Roll” the way Zeppelin played it. Play it the way your band plays your original tunes.
Due Date & Winner Notification:
- All videos/submissions due to the Music Biz 101 & More radio show team by March 3rd at 11:59 PM EST.
- Winners announced on the Music Biz 101 & More show at approximately 8:53 PM on March 11th.
For Questions and/or Submissions, Contact: