Season #3 of your Music Biz 101 & More radio show/podcast features new guests, new producers, and even new podcast distribution.
Music Biz 101 & More Radio Show/Podcast: The New Season
Music Biz 101 & More, co-hosted by Dr. Steve Marcone and Professor David Philp of William Paterson University’s music business programs, features a strong lineup of guests who have committed for the new season, which begins September 2nd. The list includes:
- September 2nd: Aaron Van Duyne – KISS & Dave Matthews Band Business Manager
- September 9th: NJ rapper Lanz Pierce with co-managers Cal Nyantakyi and Dave Lory
- September 23rd: Stephen Witt – Author of How Music Got Free
- October 7th: Fred Goldman – Author of Allen Klein – the Man Who Bailed Out The Beatles, Made The Stones, And Transformed Rock & Roll
- October 14th – Joe Riccitelli – Executive VP/GM of RCA Records
- October 21st – Linda Lorence Critelli – VP, Writer/Publisher Relations for SESAC
- November 4th: Dan Goldberg – SVP Global Consumer Sales & Marketing at Warner Music Group
- November 11th – Jurgen Korduletsch/President & Carla Lisinski/Management at OK! Good Records
The mission of Music Biz 101 & More is to give free advice to the community of DIY (do-it-yourself) musicians and future music industry constituents in an entertaining manner. Guests come from a broad spectrum of the entertainment industry, including management, marketing, public relations, law, promotion, sales, publishing, touring, creating, and more.
Especially exciting is the William Paterson University music business program’s new arrangement with the Warner Music Group.
SUGGESTED READING: MUSIC BIZ RECAP – TEAMING WITH WMG
Broadcast live Wednesday nights from 8:00 – 9:00 on WPSC: Brave New Radio, your favorite music industry program features a pair of new producers. Phillip Gorokhovsky, who manned the board for Seasons #1 & #2, graduated William Paterson University and has taken a job as a Customer Experience Consultant at Harry’s Grooming. Taking his place are two seniors, Bianca Russo and Jess Frank.
Bianca hails from Belleville, New Jersey. She is a double major in Media Production and Public Relations. She also minors in Music Management. Recently, Bianca was the Social Media Intern for William Paterson’s Music Department. She is the treasurer of the school’s Music Entertainment Organization.
“I’m looking forward to producing Music Biz 101 & More. The show is very insightful to those wanting to know more about the music business. I hope we can make a great show an even better show.”
Jess Frank is a senior at William Paterson University, majoring in Media Production with a minor in Music Management. She started out as an intern in radio for NJ 101.5 and a year later became the 2015 Big Joe Jersey Talent Show Coordinator. Her goal is to be able to listen to music every day of her life, which is why she aspires to one day own her own venue.
Through NJ 101.15, she has learned how to produce talk shows, engineer live broadcasts, record live sound during in-studio performances, and, most important, “I learned how to be the person that I always knew I could be.”
How doe she feel about producing Music Biz 101 & More? “I’m psyched to get started and looking forward to meeting all the great guests who come in every week.”
To sign up for our weekly newsletter, just click HERE.
Music Biz 101 & More: Available on iTunes HERE
Music Biz 101 & More: Available on the Stitcher mobile app HERE
Music Biz 101 & More: Available HERE on SoundCloud
But that’s not all! New episodes will air all the way through Summer, 2016. Music Biz 101 & More goes on the road to Nashville in May.
SUGGESTED READING: MUSIC BIZ GOING TO MUSIC BIZ IN MUSIC CITY
- Steve Leeds – Sirius/XM Radio
- Karl Guthrie – Entertainment Attorney Extraordinaire
- Dr. Rob Quicke – Founder of World College Radio Day
- Dr. E. Michael Harrington – Copyright/Intellectual Property Expert
- George Dassinger – PR Guru (that means Expert)
- Aaron Van Duyne – Business Manager for KISS, Dave Matthews Band, and more
- Harvey Leeds – Personal Manager for Southside Johnny
- Elena Lanza – Independent Dance Radio Consultant
- Dr. Dave Demsey – Coordinator Jazz Studies Program, William Paterson University
- Paul Sinclair – Head of Digital Strategy, Marketing, eCommerce, and Product Development at Atlantic Records
- Jane Stein – Performing Arts Presenter, William Paterson University
- Sean Gilday & Rachel Hill – Agents, Blue Raven Entertainment
- Wayne Chernin – Island & Republic Records
- Steve Corbin – WEA & Lupo Entertainment
- Dave Lory – Jeff Buckley/Courtney Love Manager
- Chris Henderson – Guitarist for 3 Doors Down
- Frank Robbins – Guitar Tech/Hall & Oates and moe.
- Howard Freeman – Executive Producer Quick Chek NJ Festival of Ballooning & Rock, Ribs, & Ridges Festival
- Chris Butler – Songwriter/Guitarist for The Waitresses & Tin Huey
- Ron Bienstock – Music Business Attorney
- Rob Fusari – 2-time Grammy Award-winning songwriter/producer
- Al Cohen – Founder, ACM Records
- Jim Neglia – Personnel Manager, NJ Symphony Orchestra
- Lauren Marsh – Independent Artist
- Rosie Lopez – President, Tommy Boy Entertainment
- Adam Kornfeld – Booking/Talent Agent, AGI (Artist Group International)
- Harry Weinger – Universal Music Enterprises & 2-time Grammy winner
- James Donio – President, Music Business Association
- Zach Matari/Enki Bello – DIY Artists & Future Stars
- Michael Kurtz – Co-Founder Record Store Day
- Angelo Badalamenti – Film & Television Soundtrack Composer
- Josh Bernstein – Alternative Press Music Awards Show Producer
- Jerry Lembo – Music Business Consultant
- Steve Walter – Cutting Room Owner
- Joanne Kelsey – VP Administration, Razor & Tie
- Sean Rosenberg – Engagement Director at Huge
- Julie Greenwald – Chairman/COO Atlantic Records
- Donna Eichmeyer – Live Nation VP of Marketing
- Alissa Pollack – Executive VP iHeartMedia
- Lee Anne Callahan-Longo – Parkwood Entertainment GM
Thanks for listening and, as always, Adios!
For full details about the Music Management Program, including courses, the minor, and our MBA, click HERE.
For full details about the WPU Pop Music Studies Program, including courses and audition requirements, click HERE.
Professor David Philp is Assistant Professor Music Management & Popular Music Studies at William Paterson University. He is the co-host of the only FREE advice college radio-based music & entertainment industry talk show in America, Music Biz 101 & More, which airs live most Wednesday nights and is available as a podcast HERE every night (days too). Reach him at PhilpD@wpunj.edu or find him on LinkedIn HERE.