The Only FREE Advice, College Radio-Based Music Business Talk Show In America
Stream Your Music Biz 101 & More Radio Show Live HERE.
Listen To The Podcast 24/7 HERE.
Call In/Text your questions: 973-720-2738
See ALL Podcasts HERE.
Music & Entertainment industry interviews with interesting people from companies like this:
What are you doing every Wednesday night at 8pm? Here’s what you should be doing – listening to MusicBiz 101 & More, the weekly radio show about all things Music (& Entertainment) Biz, hosted by William Paterson University professors Dr. Stephen Marcone and David Philp.
YOUR IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
1. “Um, how do I hear it?”
If you’re in Northern New Jersey, turn your FM dial to 88.7. That’s how you can listen via good old fashioned terrestrial radio. You’ll have the beautiful voices of Professors Marcone and Philp, plus a special industry guest/WPU faculty member, and student co-host waft through your eardrums (no charge!).
Now, you might not be in Northern New Jersey. Or, quite possibly, you are but you’re out of range (or, out of habit, you don’t listen to over-the-air radio). If that’s the case, you can stream the show LIVE! Yes, that’s right. We’re that cool. To be cool like us, just click HERE.
For a link to EVERY PODCAST, click HERE.
2. Why Should I Listen?
Because there isn’t another show like it anywhere en Los Estados Unidos. This is the go-to show to hear all about:
- How to make money in the Music & Entertainment biz
- What Publishing is and how it affects you
- How do I start my own label?
- When do I need a lawyer?
- What if my band breaks up?
- When is it legal, or not, to sample beats?
- How do I get a job in the biz?
- Where can I learn all of this stuff?
We’ll answer these questions, and more, over the course of this weekly one-hour show.
3. Who are Marcone & Philp?
Who are Marcone & Philp? How can you ask such a question? Well, you did and it’s out there; there’s no going back. Just click HERE for our PODCAST and download a bunch of Music Biz 101 & More radio shows and, while you’re at it, learn all about Dr. Stephen Marcone, Professor David Philp and the Music Management & Pop Music programs at William Paterson University in scenic Wayne, New Jersey.
You can also listen to any show you missed! That’s right, we won’t steer you wrong. We’re also available as a podcast HERE.
Music Biz 101 & More: Available on iTunes HERE
Music Biz 101 & More: Available HERE on SoundCloud
Listen to interviews with (among others):
- Mike Easterlin – President Roadrunner & Fueled By Ramen Records
- Michael Simon – CEO Rumblefish
- Doc McGhee – Legendary artist manager
- John Scher – Legendary concert promoter
- Steve Leeds – Sirius/XM Radio
- Karl Guthrie – Entertainment Attorney Extraordinaire
- Dr. Rob Quicke – Founder of World College Radio Day
- Dr. E. Michael Harrington – Copyright/Intellectual Property Expert
- George Dassinger – PR Guru (that means Expert)
- Aaron Van Duyne – Business Manager for KISS, Dave Matthews Band, and more
- Harvey Leeds – Personal Manager for Southside Johnny
- Elena Lanza – Independent Dance Radio Consultant
- Dr. Dave Demsey – Coordinator Jazz Studies Program, William Paterson University
- Paul Sinclair – Head of Digital Strategy, Marketing, eCommerce, and Product Development at Atlantic Records
- Jane Stein – Performing Arts Presenter, William Paterson University
- Sean Gilday & Rachel Hill – Agents, Blue Raven Entertainment
- Wayne Chernin – Island & Republic Records
- Steve Corbin – WEA &Lupo Entertainment
- Dave Lory – Jeff Buckley/Courtney Love Manager
- Chris Henderson – Guitarist for 3 Doors Down
- Frank Robbins – Guitar Tech/Hall & Oates and moe.
- Howard Freeman – Executive Producer Quick Chek NJ Festival of Ballooning & Rock, Ribs, & Ridges Festival
- Chris Butler – Songwriter/Guitarist for The Waitresses & Tin Huey
- Ron Bienstock – Music Business Attorney
- Rob Fusari – 2-time Grammy Award-winning songwriter/producer
- Al Cohen – Founder, ACM Records
- Jim Neglia – Personnel Manager, NJ Symphony Orchestra
- Lauren Marsh – Independent Artist
- Rosie Lopez – President, Tommy Boy Entertainment
- Adam Kornfeld – Booking/Talent Agent, AGI (Artist Group International)
- Harry Weinger – Universal Music Enterprises & 2-time Grammy winner
- James Donio – President, Music Business Association
- Zach Matari/Enki Bello – DIY Artists & Future Stars
- Michael Kurtz – Co-Founder Record Store Day
- Angelo Badalamenti – Film & Television Soundtrack Composer
- Josh Bernstein – Alternative Press Music Awards Show Producer
- Jerry Lembo – Music Business Consultant
- Steve Walter – Co-Owner The Cutting Room
- Joanne Kelsey – VP Administration, Razor & Tie
- Sean Rosenberg – Engagement Director at Huge
- Julie Greenwald – Chairman/COO Atlantic Records
- Donna Eichmeyer – Live Nation VP of Marketing
- Alissa Pollack – Executive VP iHeartMedia
- Lee Anne Callahan-Longo – Parkwood Entertainment GM
- Jim Leavitt – The Orchard
- Benji Rogers – PledgeMusic & Blockchain
- Paul Resnikoff – Digital Music News
- Riggs Morales – Atlantic Records A&R
- Jake Ottman – Warner/Chappel A&R
- Mike Kealey – Motor Scout Music
- Michael McDonald – Artist Mgr (Mick Management)
- Ken Jacobson – Videogame music composer
- Darryl “DMC” McDaniels
- Dell Furano – Founder, Epic Rights
- Mark Goodman – Original MTV VJ
- Dr. Richard Burgess – President, A2IM
- Kevin Erickson – National Organizing Director, Future of Music
- Jim Mahoney – U.S. GM of Merlin
Do you have more questions? Have a topic you want covered on the show? Just ask Marcone & Philp directly. They’ll try to get to it on the show and make you happy and satisfied.
Tweet us before or during every show! @MusicBiz101wp
Call in with your questions: 973-720-2738
The email addresses you may want are:
MarconeS at WPUNJ.edu
PhilpD at WPUNJ.edu
You know you should put an @ in the email addresses and not the word “at,” right? Very good.
What songs fit best with Music Biz 101 & More? Just listen to our Spotify playlist below. Have fun.